9.8.09

BALLARDIAN DUSTJACKETS

From the same period (or thereabouts) as those retrofuturist New Worlds covers, here's a selection of mesmerising J.G.Ballard jackets. I remember checking some of these editions out of the local library as a kid & frazzling my unsuspecting brains. Sadly they're all gone now - the books that is, not my brains - stolen I expect? Many of these beauties command exhorbitant pricetags nowadays so don't expect to catch sight of the genuine article(s) again in a hurry...
Crash
Crash2Wined & Drowned
Vermillion
High
OverloadedDisaster Area
Concrete
Concrete2News From Sun
Crystal World
Low Flying

4 comments:

  1. I had a couple of these as a kid. I used the "Crystal World" dusk jacket as a poster, in fact. Cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen David Pelham's stuff from this period? He produced numerous SF covers for Penguin & Panther, some of the best I've ever laid eyes on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. J.H.M.1.9.09

    My father has an original copy of "The Crystal World" in good condition. Yes, the cover is truly fantastic to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a Max Ernst, I believe?

    ReplyDelete