15.2.10

METAL URBAIN : On French T.V. (1978)

I've been posting a bit too much Youtube junk on here lately, but this clip really is worth sharing - the original Metal Urbain line-up, circa 1978, performing their brand new Rough Trade 7" (RT 001, in fact), looking & sounding absolutely phenomenal! Clode Panic is sporting a particularly fine outfit here I think (I had no idea they were such a cool looking band, The Skids on TOTP look pretty grotty in comparison, eh?) & if their brutally efficient guitar/drum machine line-up has been improved upon nobody told me about it...

5 comments:

  1. completely and inexplicably missed Metal Urbain first time around, thats what I love about blogs like these, it allows us to collectively fill in the blank spots in our shared cultural memory...now I know where Big Black got there inspiration from! And you are so right, compared to the English punk urchins at the time, these guys look like they were tailored by Hugo "SS" Boss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Albini was definitely familiar with these gents I reckon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. aye calpso !
    some cool stuff here buds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning stuff. Missed them back then.

    ReplyDelete