24.6.10

FACTORY FLOOR : Aeromodelling Club (2007)

Photobucket
Lots of interest in my Factory Floor post from earlier this month. Good to see that not everybody is worshipping at the scutty altar of Aerial bloody Pink or, worse still, eyeing up the crummy new LCD Soundsystem LP for hipster sustenance. I've had a couple of requests to put up Factory Floor's subsequent releases but would prefer not to as they're all still in print - that said, the Planning Application 12" is already becoming very difficult to acquire (buy it now while you still have the chance, it's my favourite release by them so far). I'll gladly share this curiosity with you though - a very early F.F. track from some compilation or other, that's long since drifted back into obscurity. I've not been able to surmise from where it originates exactly, so drop me a line if you have any concrete info please! It was recorded when the band where still a duo I think &, though it's not a patch on their current direction, it certainly makes an interesting digression...

7 comments:

  1. I am fucking LOVING this band. You gotta go see them live...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a few near misses, but have not managed to corner 'em yet unfortunately. I have an ominous feeling that FF are gonna get VERY popular VERY soon - not sure if I'm ready to share 'em just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, thanks for this track, love it!, do you have any more of FF's earlier tracks? I agree with you the planning application EP is the best thing they have done so far, but the early stuff sounds really interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the earliest FF track I have I'm afraid, would love to hear anything else from this era if you have stuff though! A fellow blogger reckoned he had some prototype FF tracks a while back - I'll call his bluff & see what turns up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, I don't have any others, will keep an eye out for any though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous14.12.10

    some details about the track here:
    http://soundcloud.com/mark-dj/stranded-on-land

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting! Thanks for the tip-off, I wonder if there's any more unreleased proto-FF material floating about...?

    ReplyDelete