30.12.11

2011 : A Baker's Dozen

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
FacLP
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Barked
In alphabetical order:
Crystal Stilts - In Love With Oblivion (Sumberland)
Death In Vegas - Trans Love Energies (Portobello)
Discodeine - Discodeine (Pschent)
Factory Star - Enter Castle Perilous (Occultation)
Roman Flügel - Fatty Folders (Dial)
PJ Harvey - Let England Shake (Island)
Isolée - Well Spent Youth (Pampa)
Legowelt - The TEAC Life (Legowelt)
Seekae - +Dome (Rice Is Nice)
Sexy Leper - Portobello Ghosts (Can't Kiss)
Shimmering Stars - Violent Hearts (Almost Musique)
John Tejada - Parabolas (Kompakt)
Wire - Red Barked Tree (Pink Flag)

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous1.1.12

    nice list...although i'd have to add connan mockasin 'forever dolphin love', weird wives 'some mutherf**kers', widowspeak s/t and magazine 'no thyself'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't heard No Thyself, I'll pick it up when I'm in town this afternoon I think... Heard good things about Widowspeak, but the other 2 are new to me, I'll do a bit of crafty listening later on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2.1.12

    That Sexy Leper record really is the shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha, I wondered who owned the other copy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So how do you get to hear Sexy Leper? I can't find them anywhere other than here

      Delete
  5. It's on cassette only, so a bit difficult for me to transfer/upload. You can still DL it (legally/cheap) c/o Bandcamp I think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find any sign of them at all. Before I go looking harder, what genre are they?

      By the way, thanks to you Factory Star is my one of my top albums of the year.

      Delete
  6. They're quite hard to pin down, their Bandcamp page has disappeared! (I hope this doesn't mean they've split up...) They're quite noisy, improv stuff - nothing like Factory Star basically! - I've just posted their ace Aotearoa 12" & will rip the P.Ghosts cassette as soon as I have the means, OK? (Ta.)

    ReplyDelete